Thursday, December 12, 2013

Any suggestions?

I'm sure everybody has their own comfort zone with books. I know I do. So this is how things are going to go. Instead of just going for a book with the same genre every time I need a book, I'm going to coax myself out of the comfort zone. Wow. I know. That being said, if I went for the same genre every time I needed a book, not only would this blog probably suck, get boring fast, be repetitive, etc...We'd probably run out of things to read with my available resources. This is where you guys can come in. I figure if I read from a different genre each month or so, that gives us about 4-5 books from several different genres. Now, half of you are probably wondering what this has to do with you, well I'm getting to that. And the other half...don't get ahead of me. If anybody has a genre they want to hear from, or a genre they aren't sure about but might want to try later in life, tell me. Tell me what genre I should do for what month. And even if my personal opinion of the genre it's self isn't that great, I will attempt to get passed that and review the book, as a piece of writing, and not as something I have to suffer though. The bottom line is Even if I don't really like something, I'm going to try and be as fair as possible. BUT WAIT! There's more! If anybody has any book suggestions for me to read, leave it in the comments and I'll eventually get around to it. Choosing one book in a library is a little difficult, so if you want to narrow the search that would be awesome. Further more I will be reading and reviewing books from all categories, age groups, etc. If any of you have something for me to work with, leave it in the comments below. Let the mayhem begin!

~The Book Recluse

3 comments:

  1. One time I did this with a philosophy book about travel, and I learned why people actually like to travel besides the obvious reasons. Maybe you could try reading a philosophical book for one of the genres, its different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you should read horror books. I really enjoy watching horror movies, and I bet you'd get a way bigger thrill than other books could give you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, the library has quite a few Steven King books. They probably have other authors too.

      Delete